Monday, November 05, 2007

Oh gosh, I just finished 1 chapter of my history notes. 5 more to go!! Hate studying for history.. never understand what the lecturer and tutor (who is the same person) is saying, dun understand the notes, dun understand the textbook. Dunno how I am going to do for the mid-term test on Wed. Must buck up!!

Was feeling miserable for the whole of Thurs and Fri after receiving my Statistic results. I was way below the mean. In fact I was way below Q1. So upset that I canceled golf and took a cab home. Then had to 'fight' with the rest of the class to answer questions during Stats class to gain more participation points. In the end also answered everything wrongly. But never mind, as long as I get the participation points. Yay!

But feeling better already, cause the lecturer personally emailed me on Sat to tell me that she tabulated my marks wrongly, so my marks 'improved' by 9 points, higher than mean already. Couldn't believe how fortunate I was. Summore the lecturer said there were only 2 mistakes, so was quite glad to be one of them, except that the other one was the top girl in my class. Thot with my increase, I could match her grades, but she told me this afternoon that hers improved by a further 4 marks. Darn! But its okie, she's a fellow NJCian too!

Right now, I am rather satisfied with my grades, which I rather not reveal here. I have decided not to give myself too much pressure to do well cause I have been pushing myself too hard recently. I actually don't sleep an average of 1 night each week so that I can rush through projects and tests. No weekend outings for a long time also. Everyday's just mugging and more mugging. Its the whole Bizad culture I guess, everyone is just so competitive. Like for managerial econs, the mean was 26 upon 30 and for stats the mean was 30 upon 40. Everyone is just chionging really hard right now such that if I don't do as much work as them each day I will feel guilty.

Everyone was complaining about the amount of work that we have to do on the train just now, as compared to other schools and other faculties. Of course we can't ascertain the real situation outside of our fac, but it just seems that Bizad people have more work to do than anyone else. Reports, projects, assignments, mid-term tests. It's just a never-ending cycle of more and more work.

And yet they say grades aren't everything. Haiz, think my 2 CCAs are not enough. I am still looking at opportunities where I can take part to spruce up my resume. A bit too pragmatic, but I've got no other choice. Think I may sign up for another 1 or 2 CCAs. But for now, I just wish I can get through my History Mid-term with good grades.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home