Sunday, August 05, 2007

After almost a whole week in NUS, finally have some free time to come online and blog a little. Not too happy about the school at the moment, particularly the part about having fixed modules, classes, tutorial groups and lectures. A lot of bizaders are damn unhappy as well, but as the profs said, they put in a lot of effort to group the LARGEST BIZAD INTAKE in the whole history of biz school into classes, so we shldn't try to disrupt the order of things, or so they said.

The first day was terrible. People in my OG weren't too fun. The loud ones were really loud, and the unenthu ones were really unenthu. Most of the new bizaders were super unenthu, so during games it got quite bad, esp when no one really put in the effort to participate in the games.

My OGL was super quiet. Super duper. I barely heard her speak 3 sentences throughout the entire day. She din organise any games or try to break the ice. I dun blame her, I think she really dun like OWeek.

Talks were boring and useless. Totally wasted my time.

Second day was much better. I was kinda shocked by the turnout. I think only 1/3 of the freshies turned up for the OWeek. All were still sian sian, and I actually spent the most part of the afternoon at the biz bus stop talking to my OG and a new friend. At least I found like-minded friends.

BBQ at night was surprising rather fun. Guess everyone was exhausted from the games, so they were all more toned down. Made new friends and all and left school feeling way better than the first day.

Today I attended the Buddhist Society Orientation. It was really the best orientation I've attended. The OGLs were really nice and took care of the freshies. As I came late, they really did a lot to make me feel more welcomed. The games were much more fun than those I had at Biz OWeek and the people there were warm and friendly. And real. Quite glad that I took the initiative to join the orientation.

Next week's got FIC, Rag and Flag, Dean's evening, field games. Hope I survive through!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home