Tuesday, April 17, 2007

After 1 whole afternoon of intense searching, I finally found Ziyi to watch 'Meet the Robinsons' with me at the very last minute, one hour before the show. Lucky for me, if not I would not hVE gone as well, wasting 2 tickets.

Frankly speaking, I did not expect the show to turn out this way. I thot it was just another typical animated movie, like The Incredibles or Madagascar of sorts. Or even the recent Penguin show, which I thot would have been unbearable if not for Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman lending their voices to the movie.

Anyway, it was out-of-my-expectations good, in a feel good and inspirational way. Surprisingly, it wasn't really very funny, but it was well thought (unlike Madagascar, or that penguin show, which is so insignificant that I can't even remember its name) and well executed. Which is crucial, because it shows that the movie is made for the STORYLINE, rather than to blatantly showcase the fantastic SKILLS of the ANIMATORS. This one has substance, not to mention stunning visuals.

There was even a 10 min footage of an old Walt Disney show! I was rather caught by surprise by that because I know I have watched this clip before and it kinda brought me back to my childhood life, where I was still blissfully ignorant of the harsh reality of life. Sweet moment.

Anyway, the movie was about a young boy who invented stuff and all. The show reminded me of my secondary school days where I was an inventor myself, and was even selected for this 6 month mentoring programme for young innovators. I came up with this really useful food cover cum tray design which won me a chance to present my idea in front of the entire NYP auditorium. Although I kinda screwed up the presentation when I said "Well, it protects the flies from the food!" instead of the other way round. How exciting.

Ziyi was damn effing lucky, cause he could 'freeload' the movie. And he still had lots to complain about. Why? Because it meant he could not eat porridge at home for dinner. Wad a shitass friend. Treat him still kena complain. But I am still glad he came and helped me get over it. Shitass friends, no matter how shitty, still comes in handy at times.

Oh and I am suddenly reminded of wad happened yesterday. Ziyi was saying that Shawn's father, being the Director of Prison, was photographed in the papers again. But Shawn's father shouldn't be surprised, cause he has xi(2) yi(3) wei(2) chang(2) already. Jongie, being hard on hearing due to the noisy environment, actually asked, "Huh, he si beh wad?"

And yesterday the three of us were playing Percussion Master at the arcade, and Jongie was damn funny, cause he hit the drums rather well and scored quite a high combo, except that he chose some CNY song, so there was the "dong dong dong chiang, dong dong dong chiang, dong dong dong chiang dong chiang dong chiang" melody going on. Its really hard to pretend to be cool when playing that song, even if it's hitting the drums. And he decided we would call him Jones instead of Jongie, after much deliberation (actually we got the name after we played "Doctor Jones" in the arcade on Percussion Master. Remember? "Doctor Jones, Doctor Jones, calling Docter Jones. Doctor Jones, Doctor Jones, get up now"..).Cause he felt Jongie was a rather disturbing name, and no one else in the world calls him that except for me and ziyi.

Another highlight for the day would be my students. They kinda rather prefer me to the new English teacher, which rather made my day, although I am not supposed to feel this way. But it's also rather embarrassing that they did not erase my words away on the board, meaning that Pan Lao Shi, Ms Ng, Mr Ng and Ms Lim would have read my writing. Gasp. Wonder how they will think of me now. Starting to get worried that my kids may not learn (or want to learn) anything for English. Bad. Hopefully the situation will turn round and something will work out between them.

Gonna finish up on my book right now. The book is about this girl working in a art gallery who became drawn to a very famous sculptor. Reminds me of the french movie I watched earlier about an elderly woman who was attracted to a young (like young-enough-to-be-her-son-young) doctor who liked to draw. Well, he reciprocated her love in the end. I know that cause they did it. Twice.

I am going to take out all my mouldy watercolour paints tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home