Sunday, January 07, 2007

This is my first entry for 2007, so happy new year guys!

After so so long, I finally have a real job! Have been relief teaching for the past few days, and I have to say, the experience is bittersweet. The day before school started, I had the same sinking feeling thatI experienced when I was gg to be enlisted 2 years back, and although my friends helped my telling me that I am now the PC, not the 'men', I still feel rather bad about it.

But, I was quite glad I still manage to get thru the 3 days. Of course, I had my fair share (come to think of it, a super large share) of bullying from the students, it was still generally going well. I still dun understand how come I get so bullied easily. Despite that, I still feel consoled by the fact that there are still students who take me seriously and who really wants to study. As for the rest of the students, I am confident that they will grow to like English and do well for their studies.

Studies aside, I am really quite amazed at the change in lifestyle that I have. In the army, I was the lowest in hierachy, and basically I just had to deal with wadever work that my superiors bestow upon me. However now, I really get treated like a teacher. Its really rather nice to see fellow teachers, students and colleagues address me by 'Mr Khoo'. It just made me feel that I am finally getting respected like a person should.

Okie, tired alr, have to draft out my lesson plan for tmr. Tmr's gonna be D-day. Expecting to send many students out of class tmr. Hate being the nasty guy all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home